We'd like to thank you for your interest in becoming a referee at the Santa Cruz Beach Soccer Championships. You are a vital part of the tournament, and we look forward to working with you.
In order to referee a beach soccer game, you need to be aware of a few key facts:
- Games are 5v5 (4 per team, plus a goalkeeper)
- Fields are 25x35 (youth) or 30x40 (adult) yards– much smaller than a regular soccer field
- Games consist of three 11-minute periods, with 2 minute breaks between periods
- There will be one referee per field for all games, with the exception of men’s open division (two referees)
- There are no linesmen
- Beach soccer experience is recommended
- Please refer to FIFA's Laws of the game (PDF)
To thank you for your assistance, we offer the following benefits to our referees:
- Free training on the rules of the game (Friday evening at 6:30pm-8:00pm)
- $15 per game (paid after your last game)
- A shaded Referees' tent with lunch
- $15.00 for gas if you are traveling over 65 miles; $20 for over 100 miles (fuel is per vehicle not per person, carpools are encouraged)
If you are interested, please call us at 415-342-5851 or email us at info@BeachSoccerChampionships.com.
Please provide us with your name, experience, and a copy of your drivers license.